Have leftover holiday ham? Well here is a recipe round-up with a ton of fantastically yummy looking ideas on how to keep your extra ham from going to waste.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – This specifies smoked ham, but I think you could substitute regular ham as well.
- Ham and Noodle Casserole – I would likely add a package of frozen mixed veggies to this to give it a little more color and fill. I also saw many similar recipes using various soups (Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Chicken, Condensed Cheddar Cheese, etc), so you can flavor this to your preference.
- Ham and Potato Cakes – CAUTION: This recipe is in metric! Fear not, here is a simple metric converter to help you through. I will be ignoring the salad a pickle garnishments when I make this.
- Ham Tortellini Caesar Salad – I love creative spins on Caesar salads. This one sounds especially delish.
- Ham and Potato Gratins – I wont be bothering with individual ramekins (cuz I don’t have any!), but I am sure this will cook up in a 13″x9″ dish just fine, just might have to adjust the temp up a bit. Gruyere cheese is also one of my favs!
- Ham-and-Swiss-Loaded Potatoes – These sound great! Quick and easy side dish with lots of flavor.
Of course, you could make these even without leftovers, if you just have a hankering for ham. I’ll be making one of these tonight, not sure which one yet. I’ll be sure to post an update however, and let you know how it turned out.
*Pictures used were of similar recipes.