:dessert, Spring, strawberries, strawberry
This recipe came to me via email and were just too pretty and too yummy-sounding not to share! If you try it, be sure to leave a comment to let us know how it turned out!
Strawberry Mousse Ladyfingers
- 3 (3-ounce) packages soft split ladyfingers
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ½ cup minced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 (10.75-ounce) all-butter pound cake
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- Garnish: 8 whole strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place ladyfingers on parchment paper–lined baking sheets. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes, or until very lightly toasted. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, whipped topping, minced strawberries, confectioners’ sugar, and sour cream. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Slice pound cake lengthwise into long (1/4-inch-thick) slices. Using a 2½-inch round cutter, cut 8 circles of cake. Set aside. Cut one rounded end off ladyfingers so that they measure 2¼ inches long.
- To assemble desserts, place a cake round in the center of a 3½-inch ring mold. Brush inside surfaces of ladyfingers lightly with orange juice. Stand rounded end up inside ring mold around cake circle. Spoon about ⅓ cup mousse into mold. Repeat with remaining cake rounds, ladyfingers, orange juice, and mousse. Refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, remove ring mold, and tie with a pretty ribbon. Garnish each with a whole strawberry.