This is a great spring and summer dish that’s wonderfully filling, but not heavy. It has a cool and refreshing flavor. I like to make this when I am short on time and need something to please a crowd.
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
1/2 lb. pasta*
2 Hearts of Romaine lettuce, shredded
1 lb. chicken, cubed (peeled and devained shrimp could also be substituted)
2-3 tbsp Pesto
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Zest of a lemon
Fresh ground pepper
Fresh Shredded Parmesan
- Cook pasta per instructions in well salted water.
- While pasta is cooking, coat chicken in pesto. Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Saute chicken in olive oil until cooked through. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once pasta is cooked al dente, drain and rinse with cool water.
- Toss lettuce, pasta and chicken in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss with dressing to coat evenly.
* Any kind will work, I’ve done this previously with farfalle, penne, rotini, etc. I was out of my usual small pastas, so for this demo I used angel hair spaghetti.
Makes 4 hearty-sized portions